Studying in the United States of America is the aspiration of a lot of foreign students. The degrees awarded by institutions in the country are very well recognized globally. Also, the facilities available to students in these universities are excellent.
A major obstacle however for most aspiring international students is funding. The funds to finance studying in the United States are usually lacking. Therefore to mitigate this, most of these students search and apply for fully funded scholarships and grants.
To make this search and application process easier, we have compiled a list of the best 10 United States Universities offering fully funded admission to international students.
You should also know that for some of the listed universities below, you can apply for their scholarship programs without requiring IELTS/TOEFL.
Points to Note about Studying in the United States
- Foreign students’ tuition fees range from $5,000 to $50,000 per year.
- Cost of living in the United States is comparably fair
- Annually in the US, there are over a million scholarships awarded to foreign students studying in the country with a value of billions of dollars. The U.S. Department of Education yearly awards an estimated $46 billion in scholarships.
- Citizens of any country can be awarded a fully funded scholarship to study in the United States.
- The United States is very receptive and supportive of foreign students.
Universities in the United States Offering Fully Funded Admission
The scholarship programs of these schools are awarded at the point of admission and are fully funded covering the cost of the student’s study program throughout its duration, provided the student continues to satisfy the eligibility conditions.
The University of Chicago supports students that have leadership qualities with fully funded scholarships that are open to all fields of study. The university’s stamps scholarship covers tuition costs, accommodation, and $10,000.
Yale University is one of the top universities in the United States that offers fully funded scholarships to international students who wish to study at the university. Yale University offers scholarships worth Over $50,000 to recipients as financial support.
Duke University has the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program for students who demonstrate leadership qualities that will make contributions leading to societal transformation. The scholarship covers full tuition, room, and boarding fees for students who receive this scholarship.
The Barry University Scholarship program provides fund support to international students over a four-year period to support their study at the university. Successful students who are awarded this scholarship at the point of admission to this university will be given the full cost of tuition, accommodation, transportation, books, etc, and the sum of $6000.
Amherst College supports international students who are eligible for admission but lack funds to pay for tuition and other expenses. The financial need of the applicant is evaluated once the student is accepted to study at Amherst College and financial aid which is equal to 100% of the student‘s requirement is offered to the student.
The California Institute of Technology offers admission to students who demonstrate leadership qualities and also provides support through its scholarship program. The scholarship is fully funded and covers tuition fees for 4 years, room and board, and also some stipend.
Clark University sponsors the Global Scholars Initiative. This scholarship is offered to undergraduate students that have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities. It is a fully funded admission program, covering all costs for international students who wish to pursue undergraduate studies at Clark University.
Harvard University provides fully funded scholarships to both undergraduate and graduate students to study at the University. There are different types of scholarships available at this university covering various costs like tuition fees, traveling costs, and accommodation.
Boise State University offers several fully funded admission opportunities to both foreign and local students of the United States. The value of these scholarships varies based on different criteria like funds availability, and eligibility of the applicant, among others.
The University of East Tennessee provides fully funded scholarships to undergraduate and graduate international students based on merit. The scholarship covers tuition fees and maintenance fees.
Benefits of Studying in the US with a Fully Funded Scholarship
The benefits of fully funded scholarships in the United States include the following:
- Fully paid tuition fees
- Health insurance for its recipients
- Visa costs
- Living costs
- Textbooks are fully paid for
- A brand new computer
- Free Airfare return tickets.
How to Get Fully Funded Scholarship Admission in the United States
Acquiring a fully funded scholarship from an institution in the United States of America to study in, is a big task. However, utilizing the tips below will massively increase your chances of getting a fully funded scholarship to study at a university in the US.
- Constantly search for scholarships awarded by the U.S. Government
- Ask for assistance from your home country and search for bilateral arrangements between United States institutions and companies or the government of your country.
- Apply for as many scholarships and financial aid offered by your choice of U.S. University.
- Search for funding programs supported by international organizations and philanthropic organizations such as the United Nations, World Health Organization, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Soros Foundation, etc.